Wednesday, December 7, 2016

How I moved to Vietnam

Hello,
It's been too long since I have posted something. 
so,
Recently I have been traveling through South East Asia since the beginning of November. I booked a round trip ticket from San Francisco through KAYAK for $500! The only downside was that I had to stop in China three times in three separate airports, which also led to a fever...I came to Vietnam with the intentions to only stay for 10 days but when I arrived to Hanoi the capital of Vietnam all that changed. I checked into a hostel called the Funky Jungle and met a handful of backpackers who planned on moving to Vietnam to teach English to children and young adults who speak only Vietnamese. Spencer my best friend whom I had been living with in San Francisco for the past few years had already been traveling SEA for a couple of months before my arrival. We always talked about doing the journey together so when he told me that he was in Vietnam I was finally ready to join.

I am currently unemployed and planning to search for an English teaching job in Hanoi. For now I will keep exploring Vietnam from North to South on my Chinese made knock off Honda Win. Here are a few photographs from my adventures abroad.

Thank you to all of those who have supported me throughout this year and I hope to see all your beautiful faces soon! I will keep updating this blog with my travels so stay in touch.

-Cameron Van Loos








No comments:

Post a Comment